The CALL Out! initiative was initially launched in spring of 2010 as a wellness project dedicated to increasing the resiliency of LGBT2Q+ youth across BC. The initiative bolstered LGBT2Q+ youth drop-ins in its first phase. In its second phase, it focused on supporting and building capacity amongst the parent, caregiver and service provider networks that play a key role in youth wellness.
- For resources for parents and caregivers of trans and gender diverse youth go to: http://transhealth.phsa.ca/support/families/parents-and-caregivers
- Feel free to check out our Parent and Caregiver Group Start-up Guide. This resource is for parents and caregivers and also for communities who want to starts groups that are parent and caregiver driven, include ongoing in-person connections, offer education opportunities (i.e. guest speakers), and make it possible for trans and gender creative children (and their siblings) to connect and play.
- Our Gender and Sexuality Alliance Manual was developed to enhance the resources available to LGBT2Q+ youth and supportive adults who are taking on leadership roles to create safer, more inclusive communities for LGBT2Q+ youth. It supports young people to start a Gender and Sexuality Alliance in their school or community, and gives them the how-to tools to do it. From group structure and addressing common worries, to sample meeting agendas and activities, this manual has it all!
- Our Leadership Manual provides a series of eight leadership, reflection, and skills building workshops designed specifically for LGBT2Q+ youth, which can be facilitated by adult allies or youth leaders themselves. Workshops themes include team building, facilitation skills development, positive relationships and communication, public speaking, media literacy, and inclusive community event planning.
- If you are a parent, caregiver, service provider and or school, you can reach out to the Trans Care BC team to talk to one of our Health Navigators for information, resources and support: http://www.phsa.ca/our-services/programs-services/trans-care-bc/services