There are a range of options for accessing counselling.

Free counselling

Most Regional Health AuthoritiesRegional Health Authorities: in British Columbia, five regional health authorities govern, plan and deliver health care services in their geographic regions (Fraser Health, Interior Health, Island Health, Northern Health, Vancouver Coastal Health). have a range of free counselling options available though options may vary. You may also want to talk to your doctor or other service providers you’re currently working with to see what they can recommend in your area.

Reimbursement through your benefit plan

Some benefit plans offer partial to full reimbursement for mental health counselling. Contact your benefit plan provider to explore options.

Private counselling (fee for service)

There are private counsellors that can provide support for a fee. You can search for a counsellor in your area through the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors or the BC Association of Social Workers.

If you would like to know about private counsellors in your area who have experience with trans issues, please Contact Us and we will do our best to refer you to someone who will meet your needs.